Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Extreme Makeover: Library Edition
Comments or Questions
Comments or questions about the renovation? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Leslie at the Chilliwack library: 604-504-7441, local 2468.
What We're Getting
- Two additional group study rooms
- Flexible study/event space
- Group presentation practice area
- Improved and relocated Academic Success & Math Centre
- More student computers
- New service desk
- The Chilliwack library renovation is down to the final weeks and detail work while we are all working remotely to provide our community with library services. We are available to help you.
- We are looking forward to joining our partners the Academic Success Centre and the Math Centre in their new spaces when the library reopens. The library's study rooms and flex/event space are coming together and the new service desk has been installed. The fabric panels around the monitor in the new flex/event space are being installed and the monitor will be installed soon, along with the monitors in the new group study rooms. Contractors are still working on wiring and lighting and other details.
- The Chilliwack library renovation is nearing completion while we are all working remotely to provide our community with library services. We are available to help you.
- New this week: the hoarding walls that were blocking off the new study rooms and Academic Success and Math centres are down. Our service desk has been demolished and the new desk, under construction off site, will be installed later this week or early next week. TV monitors and speakers have arrived and the AV team will install these soon in group study rooms, the presentation area, and the flex/event space. That wraps up almost everything except the new curvy lights and the new blinds for the west-facing windows in the flex/event space. Pictures should be coming soon. We can’t wait to see it!
- Renovations in the Chilliwack library are continuing through the pandemic. Learning Commons offices and study rooms are defined and finished. Painters are priming surfaces in preparation for final painting. Framing for glazed walls and windows are complete and glass will soon be installed. If you remember the hoarding that was in place before the library closed, it’s coming down next week. The library’s new help desk is under construction off site and will be installed starting May 20. Ongoing work includes ordering materials needed to complete the renovation, ordering new furniture for the library’s new flex space, electrical cabling and AV work, and completing the swirly lighting in the ceiling above the flex space.
- Work on the Chilliwack Library reno is ongoing while the library is closed during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you could walk through the library now, you’d see contractors working on supports for the new swirling light fixtures in the ceiling of the future flex space. At the same time, wiring for the AV system in the flex space is going in, and the drywall, defining the library’s four new group study rooms, is being installed. Behind the scenes, the library is reviewing contractor’s designs for the new help desk, the presentation area, and the area around the new monitor in the flex space.
- Feb 11 - Hoarding (Construction Walls) will go up in the library - Noise may be a factor
- Group Study Rooms at CEP library will be unavailable starting Feb 11 - please ask Chilliwack Staff for alternative options.
- Group study tables have been removed from the library - temporary tables have been added in their place.
- Reference Shelving has left the library
- Videos/DVDs are temporarily shelved on book carts by the A-E Stacks. Streaming videos are available online through Articles and Databases: https://libguides.ufv.ca/az.php?s=59352 Please speak to a library staff member if you need assistance.
- Group Study Rooms are available on a drop-in basis at the CEP Library. They are not available for bookings at this time.
- Some of our casual seating has been removed and repurposed at the Trades campus.
What to Expect
- Renovations start in January 2020
- The library is open during renovations
- Dust and noise
- Sections of the library will be unavailable
- Less study space—ask library staff for options