THIS GUIDE AND THIS SERVICE ARE STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Thank you for your patience.
The UFV Library sites (Abbotsford and Chilliwack) remain closed due to health and
Please note that initially this service will only be available at the Abbotsford Library.
Please DO NOT use this service if you are feeling unwell.
Items can be requested by clicking on Place Hold through the UFV Library Catalogue. If you do not see an option to place a hold, that probably means that the item cannot be requested via this service. If you have questions, please contact the library via email@example.com
You will need to use your Student Number and Library PIN number to place a hold.
If you access the library catalogue using Chrome, you may encounter a warning message. If so, either click Advanced, or switch to a different browser. (This is a known error and is under investigation.)
Please note that library staff are working limited hours in the libraries, to ensure safety. Depending on the volume of requests, there may be some delay in our response to questions or to the preparation of your order request.
The following item types can be requested from the Abbotsford library via this service:
The following item types can not be requested via this service:
[Our Chilliwack Library will become part of this service once its renovations are complete.]
When items are returned to the library, they will be placed in quarantine for 7 days prior to being checked in, reshelved, or checked out to new users. (Do not worry, items will be back-dated to the date that you returned them!) Tests performed by the REALM Project have indicated that the virus is no longer detectable after 6 days on the following items:
1) Hardback book cover (buckram cloth)
2) Softback book cover
3) Plain paper pages inside a closed book
4) Plastic book covering (biaxially oriented polyester film)
5) DVD case.
Therefore, any items checked out to users will have been through quarantine and will have been handled by library staff who are practicing safe handling protocols (either washing hands prior to touching materials or wearing gloves and other PPE). If you want to be ultra safe, you can wait an additional 72 hours after pickup before handling your requested items. Please do not attempt to disinfect library materials in any way. If you do, you will be responsible for any damage.
UFV Library items can be returned in the bookdrops at both the Abbotsford and Chilliwack Libraries. Please note that we are practicing quarantine measures, so there will be a delay between drop-off and when returned items no longer show on your account.
Please note that items cannot be returned to staff operating the Select and Collect pickup service.
Please note that you will actually have to enter a building to pick up your items. Signage and floor markings will help ensure a safe experience for library staff and users. Please comply with all signage and directions from library staff.
1) Wait until you have received an email from the library that your items are ready
2) Visit the library during service provision hours
3) Approach the pick up location (Library doors in Abbotsford) and wait at the floor markers. The library doors will be locked unless another library user is being helped.
4) Phone (604) 854-4545 and indicate that you are here to pick up library items. (Note that the library remains closed and you will not be permitted beyond the pick up area)
5) When invited by the library staff member, step forward and place your UFV Campus Card on the table. Step back.(If you have not been issued a Campus Card, you can provide some other government-issued photo identification.)
6) The library staff member will step forward, confirm your identification, and find your bagged items. They will place them on a different table. Items will already be checked out to your account.
7) After the library staff member has stepped back, you will be invited to step forward and retrieve your identification and your bagged items from the tables. Please follow the arrows to exit by a different door.
Note: If you are not able to pick up items yourself, you can contact the library in advance and designate someone else to pick up your items. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the video below (in process!) to know what to expect when using the curbside pickup service!
[In process! A video will appear here soon!]
Parking is currently available at no charge on the UFV campus.