Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ICIS Access and Use
ICIS (the Integrated Cadastral Information Society), the Province of BC, and BC ELN have teamed up to expand access to geographical data to BC students and researchers. This page highlights geographical data provided by ICIS. (Please see the Geographic Data tab for more information for more information regarding the data provided by the Province of BC.) To learn more about both initiatives, click here.
ICIS data must be requested from the Data Services Librarian, Brenda Philip.
ICIS data can be used for educational and research purposes. No commercial use is allowed. For more details about the license, see here.
What is ICIS?
ICIS is the Integrated Cadastral Information Society which was developed to share geospatial data.
ICIS members include utilty companies, municipalities, regional districts, BC government entities (various ministries, BC Assessment Authority, Land Title and Survey Authority), over BC 25 first nations, and associate members including the RCMP, Department of National Defense, BC Housing Authority, etc.
The following frequently updated ICIS data can be requested:
- ICIS Cadastre. The data in this layer includes the best available data from both Provincial and Local Government sources within standardized and uniform attribution.
- Integrated Cadastral Fabric (ICF) data for all areas for which an ICF has been compiled and made available by ICIS.
- Local Government Cadastral Fabric as has been supplied to ICIS by any Local Government during the Term of this Agreement. The locational accuracy and attribution of the Local Government Cadastre will vary.
- Assessment Fabric Layer Data from BC Assessment
- AddressBC Data
- Canadian Wildlife Service
- Agricultural Land Reserve
- Health Authority Locations
- Conservation Parcels
- Police Jurisdictions
- TRIM Data (TRIM 1 and 2) which is the Terrain Resource Information Management Digital Data for the Province of British Columbia, including positional and Digital Elevation Model (DEM) Information and which is available from the Ministry of Agriculture and Lands, Land and Resource Data Warehouse (LRDW).
- Tantalis Crown Parcel Fabric and attribute data from Land and Resource Data Warehouse
- Tantalis Administrative Boundary Data (Assessment areas, electoral districts, indian reserves, provincial parks, regional parks, school districts, etc.)
- ICIS Cadastral Data Model
- AddressBC Data Model
- BC Assessment Data Model